[Advaita-l] Modern science and Vedanta.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 00:49:25 CDT 2011

In summary, the path of enquiry requires complete surrender by
> dedicating all we do to the Supreme. This allows us to live a path of
> service,
> compassion, and selfless devotion so that our whole life can become a yajna,
> sacred offering. We can then live a life of giving not taking which makes
> life
> fulfilled. It is only when this unconditional love is infused through our
> whole being, by selflessly
> following our duty full of compassion,  can the conditions
> for knowledge arise, which can only accrue to such a qualified aspirant
> through
> the sruti vakya such as tat tvam asi. It is therefore incorrect to state
> that
> the path to knowledge as laid out by Shankara’s advaita tradition is devoid
> of
> Bhakti.
>
> I hope the above clarifications are helpful.
>
> Regards
>
> Subhanu
The above Email has completely misunderstoodHH,Sri Sri Sri Sachidanandendra Saraswathiji's books and his message.In BG Sri Krishna says "sarva karmakhilam Partha, Jnane parisamapyate",here Bhakthi is also included in Karma.If one were to be content with Bhakthi,he can as well remain with Vishishtadwaita.Further,the Mahavakya ,"Tattvamasi"does not contain an element of Bhakthi.If one were to mixup yajna,yaga and Homa etc.then it cannot be called Advaita vedanta.
N.Srikanta.