[Advaita-l] Modern science and Vedanta.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 02:58:19 CDT 2011

BG as far as I know only hails a bhakta who is a jnani. Can you pl.
show me where it hails a jnani who is not a bhakta?
There are various verses which stresses Jnana.The crux of the matter is who is Jnani?Is he who says,"Vasudevah sarva miti"which is clearly means a Jnani and not a Bhaktha.Infact,there is no stanza which says both Jnana and Bhakthi is necessary for Advaita Jnana.The 2 nd chapter on "Sthitaprajna"clearly is Advaita para.otherwise why it should it immediately follow the Ist?The BG contains many chapters on Karma,Sankhya,Kshetra-Kshetrajna,Rajayoga,etc.But,these are incidental(prasangika).When everything ends with Jnana,where is the question of Bhakthi which means separation or Dvaita Bhava?
N.Srikanta.