[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Jul 20 04:47:19 CDT 2011

Namaste Satish,

//////

probably somewhere in the beginning, one sees a big list of various avatAra-s as aMsha-s of shiva in diferent yuga-s etc and the description vyuptakesha can be applied to some of them.

//

Shiva is aShTamUrti swarupa and among them yajamAna is the 8th one.  During the
kratUs like shodasi / atirAtra etc., yajamAna is required to undergo shirOvapana (shaving
of head).  So, vyuptakEsa points to that form of yajamAna.

Dear Bhaskarji,

/////
Otherwise, where ganga mAta should  find her place if the head of shiva is neatly shaven :-the most suited name is 'jatAjUta gAngOtarangai vishisyam'...BTW, sofar I've not seen shiva bhagavan  picture / painting with the bald head:-))

///

Just before the mantra "vyuptakEsa", there is a mantra "kapardinE cha".
kapardin indicates one with jaTAjUTa.

So, our beloved rudra is both a hippy & baldie :))

regs,
sriram