[Advaita-l] Shankara and Madhusudhana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 26 07:18:15 CDT 2011

Let me put it this way.  Vivekananda was a significant figure in the
history of the Indian nation and an insignificant figure in the history of

Advaita Vedanta.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Your comments on Swamiji is always  interesting & surprising.  You said he
is a significant figure merely  in the history of the nation and not so
when it comes to advaita.  But dont you think prabhuji he is a significant
figure in spiritual world (adhyAtma prapancha)?? As per his biography, I
think he achieved almost everything in this adhyAtmika world and
paramahamsa himself called him as an incarnation of one of the
saptarshi-s.  Swamiji talked with kAli mAta on 1:1 basis like paramahamsa
(IMHO, this is not possible for an ordinary historical figure) , he
experienced the highest in advaita i.e. 'nirivikalpa samAdhi' and he did
the dharma prachAra as most of the Acharya-s did, he took saNyAsa as per
the traditional requirement.  Despite all these qualities & qualification,
why you are saying he is lagging behind in advaita  & his teachings with
regard to vedAnta is not trust worthy!!??  Kindly do elaborate.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar