[Advaita-l] Vivekananda

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 07:49:07 CDT 2011

sadaachaaram is 'karma' that would lead to jnaana if practiced with trikaraNa Sudhdhi. For a real karmayOgi, sadaachaaram is as soulful an act as anything else. The 'karma-s' or rather 'practices of life' (including sadaachaaram and sometimes apparent duraachaaram-s) may stick on to such karmayOgi (and not the karmayOgi sticking to them) due to vaasana-s of the upaadhi (body-mind-intellect.)

We see strange habits and strange outlook over mundane matters, in some of the realized souls. Our interest should be solely in receiving their preaching of advaita-vEdaantam.

-Sarma
That is correct,but a realised soul cannot act contrary to "Achara",nor can he violate the tenets of conventions described in the Vedas.In the "dictum na suram pibheth",what does a Jnani do?He does nothing,because this doesnot apply to him.we cannot kill animals,and at the same time we cannot say,"Ahimsa paramo dharmah".
N.Srikanta.