[Advaita-l] Anubhava

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 14:08:12 CDT 2011

Shree Satchitananda sastryji - PraNAms

To have a clear vision of advaitic truth only, one needs to approach a competent teacher and study Vedanta for a length of time until there are no more doubts such as these you have asked.
Advaita by definition cannot be a anubhava. It is a clear understanding that -what I am looking for is what I am already - where the seeker and sought have become one - not at physical or transactional plane- but from the plane of understanding. Going beyond etc are all figurative terms used to indicate that the truth that I am cannot be objectified; yet intensely experienced all the time, whether one knows it or not. What do I have to do to experience myself as myself? I am myself all the time, even though I take myself something other than myself. It is an understanding that I am the substratum of both the subject-object duality that is perceived or experienced in all my transactions. That is the advaita, in spite of apparent dvaita or experiencer-experienced-experiencing triad.

For clear understanding I recommend to study - tat tvam asi - in the www.advaitaforum.org, the series of articles that appeared in this list as well, couple of years ago.
Hari Om!
Sadananda