[Advaita-l] Nodern science and Vedanta

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 08:54:36 CDT 2011

Dear Sriram garu,

>I remember telling you that it is saguNa murti nirAsana.

If it is saguna mUrti nirAsana, then why pick tumburu rudra/shiva, mAtR^ika-s
and vinAyaka in specific?

Furthermore, if we see the context, it is clear that the discussion is not
saguna vs nirguna at all

 >Had he developed hostile attitude
>towards vinayaka, why the ratnagarbha ganapati is being worshipped in sringeri?

That is because the worship of various devata-s like shrIvidyA etc were
incorporated at a later time as can be inferred by his comments in the bhAShya.

By hostile attitude I mean belittling the worship of the above mentioned
devata-s or in other words painting those devata-s as tAmasik.