[Advaita-l] Ganapati Sukta RV 8-81 Translation

Ramakrishna Upadrasta uramakrishna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:56:07 CST 2011

2011/3/8 Anand Hudli <anandhudli at hotmail.com>:

> I had written an article on Ganesha and His worship many years ago that includes information on the Ganesha sUkta, BrahmaNaspati sUkta, and atharva shIrSha. You will find it here:
>
> http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/1996-September/005289.html

praNAms Shri Anand-ji,

Thanks a lot for beautiful writeup.

People interested in this subject could also read the beautiful book
by Shri John Grimes.

Also, I think Shri R L Kashyap too has a book on gaNapati and kumaara
sUktas basing his notes on the work on Shri Kapali Sastry.

2011/3/8 Dr. Yadu Moharir <ymoharir at yahoo.com>:

> Chitrav shastri in his book on R^igveda comments on your specific question about 8.81.
>
> brhmaNaspati and bR^ihaspati
>  are consodered to be alternate names (2.23).

namaste,

I have been told that this equation is not exactly correct. Could you
please provide why  Shri Chitrav Sastri considers them to be alternate
names?

dhanyavaadaH
Ramakrishna