[Advaita-l] Adisesha Tattva

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 04:26:41 CST 2011

Namaste,

Here are some high level points about Adi sheSa:

1. Adi-sheSa is a manifestation of the avyakta tattva.
2. Another name of AdisehSa is ananta - that which has not yet
    manifested (avyakta) is infinite.
3. When we consider the related name samkarSaNa it is manifestation
    of ahamkAra tattva. samkarSana is the one who holds tattva-s
    together - this should shed some light on the role and importance of
    the ahamkAra tattva. (Caution: wrong / over emphasis on ahamkAra
    tattva is a tested path leading into the world of asura-s.)

Chapter 3.26 and 12.11 of bhAgavatam are good references on tattva-s and their
relation to anga upAnga of mahA viSNu.

hari om.

Regards,
Shrinivas

------------------------------------
My question to learned members,
This is not about Advaita Vedanta.But something to do with Sakaara
Upaasana of Narayana.Our Acharyas give multiple scripture based
methods to do Upaasana of Ishwara.It is well known that Iswara as Lord
Narayana or Mahavishnu reclines on Adisesha in
Kshirasaagara/Vaikunta.Our Acharyas do not give particular importance
to this Form.Neverthless,they agree this splendid Rupa is the Highest
Manifestation of Saguna Brahman(Sri Chandrashekhara Bharathi
Mahasviminaha-Saint of Sringeri-Iswaranudaya Utkrishtamaana
Vibhuti-).Ofcourse,we all know HH was personally deeply devoted to
Lord Shiva.
I would be extremely thankful if learned members could 'explain' the
AdiSesha Tattva from the scriptures.