[Advaita-l] Collapse of Duality in Geeta

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Mar 23 01:14:36 CDT 2011

Dear Dr. Praveen Kumarji,

Here is my opinion.  However, scholars may correct me if I am wrong.

The 10th & 11th sloka of 10th chapter of Bhagavat Gita has a tone of Advaita.

tEShAM satatayuktAnAM bhajatAM prItipUrvakaM
dadAmi buddhiyOgaM taM yEna mAM upayAnti tE ……10

// To them who are ever devoted and worship Me with love, I grant that possession of wisdom by which they reach Me.//

tEShAM evAnukaMpArthaM ahaM ajnAnajaM tamaH
nAshayAmyAtmabhAvasthO jnAnadIpEna bhAsvatA …..11

//Out of compassion for them alone, I, residing in their hearts, destroy the darkness born of ignorance with the luminous lamp of Knowledge.//

As kriShNa / vAsudeva is sarva-vyApaka tattva (vAsudEvaH sarvaM iti), so, mAM upayAnti tE & “nAshayAmi Atma bhAvasthA jnAnadIpEna bhAsvatA” are indicative of shattering the wall of duality.

Regs,
Sriram