[Advaita-l] Adi Shankara,s birth date.

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 09:34:51 CDT 2011

> BTW does anybody have the verses which Sundara Pandya reportedly lifted from Sankara's Sutrabhashya or even if some may think the reverse to be the case.?

Sunilji,

I would request more careful wording from you. It is well established that Sankaracharya
quotes Sundarapandya and not the other way round. Usage of the term "reportedly lifted"
carries unsavoury implications of plagiarism, which is absolutely not the case. Perhaps it
is unintentional on your part, but that is all the more reason to be careful in word usage!

There are quite a few thorough studies of whatever meager textual evidence we have for
pre-Sankaran Vedanta. Please see the references mentioned with respect to this, in
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp/biblio.html.

Regards,
Vidyasankar