[Advaita-l] Fwd: Difference Between Sankya and Advaita!

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli shankarabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 10:06:36 CDT 2011

Namaste,

Both sAnkhya and Sankara Advaita include jnAna mArga. Here are the most
important differences

 - sAnkhya is pariNAma vAda and advaita is vivarta vAda
 - The multiplicity of phenomenal world is explained by sAnkhya in terms of
multiplicity of Purusha. Advaita limits the multiplicity to phenomenal world

Shankar