[Advaita-l] Mandukyopanishad for the Sanyasis

chetan nagaraja write2chetan at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:24:59 CDT 2011

Dear Sirs,
        In my opinion, Mandukya upanishad is not just limited to
sanyasis. I do not see that there is any proper validity of this
conclusion. I have personally studied and keep studying this small
upanishad, which I believe encompasses all the philosophical tenets of
Advaita in a concise way. It contains only 12 verses - but the depth
is immense. All the upanishads are for the seekers of the truth - if
he is a householder or a sanyasi, it is the choice of way of life and
it has nothing to do with the seeking truth.
For me this upanishad was enlightening(not literally), especially the
commentary by Sri Sri Sri Shankaracharya and also the one by Sri swami
Chinmayananda.
regards,
Chetan