[Advaita-l] Logical Basis of Apaureshyatva

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 08:34:13 CST 2011

2011/11/6 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>

> *श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
> lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*
>
> I appreciate your attitude towards apauruSheyatva.
> But at the same time I'll suggest to go through original works of mImAMsA,
> so that you can present them in a better way.

Thanks. I plan to learn Mimamsa defense of apaureshyatva from Shri Mani
Dravid Sastrigal and / or other scholars in addition to self study. It will
be included as part of philsophical, scriptural and historical defense.
There will be scientific defense as well.

However, my opinion is that different traditions including Mimamsa defended
apaureshyatva logically against the specific objections that their time.
Some of the defenses will have to set in context to make logical sense for
the modern audience. For example, the axiom that sabda has two forms
dhavani and varna, the latter being eternal and all pervading. A modern
audience will not accept that any form of sound can be eternal.

In the pure logical approach presented in my mail, I attempt to take the
reader through logical steps from what is known to the conclusion of
existence of apuareshyatva texts distinc from paureshya texts.