[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Nov 23 04:11:37 CST 2011

Without expertise in rituals, one cannot interpret these passages as
that will be superficial.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

AFAIK, wherever the meat is suggested in shrauta yAga vidhi-s, without
interpreting these injunctions in a peculiar way the Acharya would follow
as it is..I myself have seen this ritual in sOma yAga held at Mattur some
year back...Interestingly,  it is the part of the ritual in these shrauta
yagna-s that adhvaryu will have to taste the meat..Though he is not taking
it in quantity (just as we do in pongal, rasAyana, panchAmruta etc. :-))
he will just touch the meat with the index finger and taste it at the tip
of the tongue to complete the formality.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar