[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 14:34:09 CST 2011

In the Mahabharata Bhishma says that killing of animal in a yajna was introduced by Dhoorta only. That means it is not proper to offer meat in a yajna. However Smriti tells us that meat is offered to the manes. The  meat eating by a pregnant lady (as mentioned in the Brihadaranyaka upanishad) is an exception for a very exceptional  reason for a particular purpose.

Regards,

Sunilk KB