[Advaita-l] Nitya Karma question

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:05:56 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 20:10, Kathirasan K <brahmasatyam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Namaste
>
> Shankara's position makes it very clear that nityakarma helps in
> neutralizing pratyavaya.

OK.
So says sha~Nkara :
nityAnyadhigatAni karmANyupAttaduritaxayArthAni.
But is there any scriptural proof(from veda-s) to support this view ?

And that is a great incentive to anyone regardless
> of one's nishta to perform nityakarmas or else one would have to face one's
> papa which will inevitable bring misery to one's body sense mind complex.
>
> I don't see a lack of motivation to do karmas having read shankara's
> position on this matter.

OK.
So, do you mean to say that even a non-saMnyAsI can leave karma-s if he is
ready to face pratyavAya ?
Is it permitted to not perform nitya-karma without leaving three Ashrama-s ?

On the other hand, it only urges one to do one's
> duties/karmas, especially for mumukshus who aren't sannyasins.

So, non-saMnyAsi-s, who are not-mumuxu-s and are still AshramI,don't need to
perform nitya-karma ?