[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:10:52 CDT 2011

Namaste,

Can some experienced member(s) please answer the interesting questions
raised by Sri Rajaram below?

Thanks
Kalyan

> Hare Krishna. I would like to know if there is an article by traditional
scholars on why Vedas are valid as the means of knowledge. This is important
because of the following reasons:

   1. The origin of the Universe as we know through scientific investigation
   is significantly different from the the different descriptions in the
   puranas.
   2. The origin and evolution of life forms on earth are different from the
   creationist view
   3. The structure of the solar system and the cosmos are different from
   modern astronomy
   4. Historical and linguistic analysis show that Vedic literatures were
   created at different points in time and grew through accretion
   5. The existence of practical results of Vedic yajnas have not been and
   are not considered to be subject to verification
   6. There are different interpretations and points of view within the
   Vedic lore

In short, there are internal inconsistencies and inconsitencies with
observed phenomena. This causes adhrents to leave the path. And people seem
to pursue the Vedic path for peace and due to subjective realization.