[Advaita-l] Veda as source of dharma

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:31:17 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

2011/10/11 D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ <dvnsarma at gmail.com>

> Sureswara in his purvasrama is disciple of  Kumarila and hence we cannot
> expect
> any thing beyond the purvamimamsa view point from him as far as the
> authority of the
> veda is considered.
>
> That is why I started the discussion with Apastamba who has clearly
> started with instruction of people who know dharma as the first choice and
> mentions
> Vedas as a second choice or source.
>
> I do not think any useful purpose is served by this see-saw discussion.
> I am opting out.

Sureshvara provides logic to support his views. Even then considering him
biased shows bias in questioner.
Apastamba's sUtra-s are not very clear because they are alpAxara and he is
not producing any logic too. So, considering his unclear statements more
appropriate is only useful if one has bias towards AchAra-s(definitely free
of veda-s are constituents of it as veda-mUlatvam was not accepted by
poster). Now motive behind bias should be checked.