[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:20:53 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:53, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Opponent: "Do Vedas have any authority?

Yes.

> They are just the opinions of
> ancient poets".

No.
Because no one is it's author.

> We dont accept the imaginations and thoughts of modern poets
> and writers as an truth or sacred.

You actually don't accept invalid imaginations and not all.
veda-s are not invalid.

Then why should we accept the opinions and writings of the
> Vedic seers are sacred truths?

vedic seers are not writers of veda-s. veda-s are not their opinions.
They are valid because you can not find any error in them.

If it is down to belief, then it is like any
> other belief system.

If belief is based on logic then it's different from other systems.