[Advaita-l] Entities in liberated state

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 14:41:15 CDT 2011

To be multiple knowers there has to difference between the knowers.  Two absolutely identical entities simply cannot exist separately, when time, space and all dimensions are the same. "Prajnanam Brahma" does convey that the Brahman has the Awareess. The souls are not different from Ishvara so also the Ishvara is not different from Brahman. Even from Sankhya and Yoga the Ishvara is a special person, who is not affected by Prakriti. When concentrating on Ishvara the soul gets freedom from the Prakriti, ie. it is no longer affected by Prakriti then there is no difference between that liberated soul and Ishvara as both are unaffected by Prakriti and so there cannot be any rexistence of the liberated souls as separate from the Ishvara, who also cannot be separate from Brahman. The Veda does permit deductive logic as Paroksha jnana is encouraged by Veda.

Regards,

Sunil KB