[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 15:30:38 CDT 2011

I agree with you that apaureshyatvam can ultimately be established on
based on vedas only. But this will be dismissed as self-referential by
those who don't accept vaidhika dharma.  Hence we need to establish
through only data and logic.  This is not required for one who accepts
vedas as true.

On 04/09/2011, kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Shree Rajaram - PraNams
>
> Just as a note - I must submit that your last assertion is not logical.
> Logic as a means of knowledge applies to loukikam only. apourusheyam aspect
> of the Vedas is aloukikam. Vedanta is not illogical but logic takes a
> secondary role and also follows only shaastriiya anumaana not loukika
> anumaana. You are using loukika dRiShTanta to establish aloukika saadhyam.
> Anumaana pramANa is only valid within its limits of applicability. Anyway if
> you are happy about it, so be it, since you believe in it. I rest my case.
> Hari Om!
> Sadananda
>

> --- On Sun, 9/4/11, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Unless one can point out the flaws in my logic, one has to accept my
> conclusion that Vedas are apaureshya as true as long as one accepts logic as
> a means of knowledge.
>
> Best Regards
> Rajaram Venkataramani

Sent from my mobile device