[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Omkar Deshpande omkar_deshpande at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 13:47:06 CDT 2011

Namaskara,

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 22:27, Omkar Deshpande wrote:

I am aware of an argument that parataH-prAmANya leads to an infinite regress, but that does not apply to the third option above, since pratyakSha is at the root. What do you think about this?

<<<This too was intended by me as parataH-prAmANya-vAda.
Now, you know my reply already.>>>

Even if we call the third option I mentioned (where shabda and anumAna derive their validity from pratyakSha) by the name of parataH-prAmANya, I don't know why svataH-prAmANya is preferable to it, especially given that there is no infinite regress now. How would you argue that?

Regards,

Omkar