[Advaita-l] avagati

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Sep 12 03:01:44 CDT 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, dr.praveen kumar wrote:

> The word mere is not my expression.
> Adhyatma prakashana has used it in several places.I have quoted verbatim.

I see.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Bhaskar YR wrote:

> If you are talking about the quarterly spiritual magazine 'adhyAtma
> prakAsha' of adhyAtma prakAsha kAryalaya, Karnataka, then pls. provide me
> the details.

Aha I had a feeling this must have come from some other pen than that of
Swami Sacchidanandendra.  I would be surprised if he used an infelicitous
word like mere which suggests a negative comparison.

It's like if someone said "A private island cannot be bought by a mere
millionaire."  This does not imply a beggar can buy it right?  If it is
hard for a millionaire how much more so for a beggar?  No the intent is to
compare _up_ to, say, a billionaire, not down.

When one has assimilated all the concepts of the shastras, one must give
them up but not a moment before.