[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:57:24 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 19:19, Omkar Deshpande <omkar_deshpande at yahoo.com>wrote:

> "For those who have faith in evolutionary theory, there is no Ishvara" is
> not true. There are many theists who are evolutionists.

I meant that you can have no proved Ishvara, etc.
Those people mentioned by you are believers of evolution theory and Ishvara
both, they can't confirm both with any pramANa.
I've problems with assumptions. I'm only opposing determination.

> Mixing the two systems, as difficult as the challenge may be, appears to me
> to be the only way to follow the Vedic teachings without dismissing modern
> science.

Raghav Kumar's last post showed this mixing well.

> Rejecting the entirety of Vedas just because of disagreement on
> apauruSheyatva/literal acceptance of Yuga cycles would be an extreme step,
> and rejecting the idea of common descent with all the scientific evidence in
> favor it is also not an option for those who have gone into that subject in
> some detail,

That's another problem and I think it doesn't belong to me.