[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:13:55 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 19:45, Omkar Deshpande <omkar_deshpande at yahoo.com>wrote:

> If the Mimamsakas did not think the earth had an origin, they could be
> silent, because they are extrapolating back in time the parampara that is
> seen in the present, and so there is no encounter with the supernatural in
> doing so. They are indefinitely extending it back.
>
> But the moment the earth's origin is accepted, silence is not an option,
> because the very first thing that an opponent will ask when the
> apauruSheyatva claim is made based on parampara is how it existed before the
> earth's origin. Even if the traditional Vedantin says he will be silent on
> that, the opponent will say that there is no other option for the Vedantin
> but to appeal to the supernatural "in some way" at that point.

Who said you that vedAntin-s not reply this question and prefer to be silent
?
It was repeated many times that veda-s existed in seed form in Ishvara.
We don't fear to accept Ishvara, etc. which are naturally supernatural.

Now, the question is why are you trying to accept veda-s devoid of any
relation to supernatural ?

Another question you may ask to us is what is proof for Ishvara, etc.
supernatural things ?
The answer is again shabda, i.e. veda, purANa, etc. and supporting
inference.
Q : How could veda-s, etc. prove Ishvara before being proved as apauruSheya
?