[Advaita-l] Iswara swaruupam - 3

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 02:40:53 CDT 2012

I did not respond to your post because Shri Vidyasankar asked me to read
Gaudapada Karika in original instead of translation, which I thought is
valid though I need help for Sanskrit. I discussed with Shri Sadananda in
private only because that. But I responded on the list on seeing that
Ishwara is officially reduced to a mere combination of Brahman + Evil. Even
if I read a countless times the bhashyam on 7.4 - 7.7, I can only see that
Ishwara is transcendent and real. Paramaya is essentially Ishwara. This
world is unreal but with real as basis.

I think you are not differentiating between Ishwara or Brahman, Avyakta,
Hiranyagarbha and Virata. And hence reducing Ishwara to the level of being
a mee illusion.