[Advaita-l] About the term in 'Ishwara' in Advaita - a brief note

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 10:43:02 CDT 2012

> Namaste
>
> There is confusion below in your writing. Surya is the Originator and
> Storehouse of Energy. How can you say Energy is more basic? Surya is
> producing the Energy. Without Surya there is no Energy. Modern
> Scientists are confusing us.

God save us. I thought I'd be clarifying an advaitic perspective by analogy
with some well known facts about the universe we live in. I should have
anticipated something like this in response from your end! I hope at least
the person who shares some part of your name (and to whom I responded)
got the point.

Let us not convert this list into a classroom on physical science, modern
or ancient. Please pick up one of the thousands of books on physics and
find out why all matter is essentially energy. If what you read results in
more confusion in your mind, please take this up offline with somebody
else, not on this list.

In conclusion, I sincerely apologize for putting you into confusion, even
while denying that there is any confusion in what I wrote.

Vidyasankar