[Advaita-l] About the term in 'Ishwara' in Advaita - a brief note

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:42:32 CDT 2012

In reflection theory, the reflection is is real, the only difference is
localisation. If you want I can pull out refrences fom Appayya Dikshitar
etc. though I dont have it handy. So, your conclusion on this basis is
incorrect.

As Ishwara is ever the Self an pure onsciousness only, your conclusion that
He is unreal is untenable on his ground also.

I don't think it is appropriate for me to comment on Swami Paramarthannda's
views. But as you are draghing him in to this discussion, I ask "If it is
the view of Sankara that God is unreal, why should he at all feel
uncomfortable about it? Killing Ishwara, the Self is not only kashtam but
also cause of" I will also remind you about another post by you where the
he said something like Ishwara, if He is atma, is real. The debate is not
about what you understood about Adwaitam from your teachers or what they
understood from theirs. We should talk about what Sankara's views with
textual evidence.