[Advaita-l] A news item

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Apr 12 00:22:08 CDT 2012

My immediate reaction to this was the importance of sampradAya in what
lessons we
learn from difficult texts of philosophy. Of course, any true vedAntic
teacher would have
sent back Hitler and Himmler with a solid admonition to develop basic
adhikAra before
even venturing to read the gItA.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, it is very important that one should get the teachings of our sacred
scriptures under the able guidance of orthodox / bona fide traditional
teacher.  But IMHO, the 'saMskAra' of the outside individual reader also
plays an important role in reaping the benefits of his/her reading &
interpretation.  I heard that though Japanese do not belong to any
saMpradAya, they have been adopting the teachings of geeta very
effectively in their social & economic routines & administration.  This
shows they have 'saMskAra' to understand the intricacies of geeta in a
right way.  OTOH, the socalled saMpradAyavAdin's interpretations of geeta
distorted the very essence of this smruti text, as we can see in 'as it
is'.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar