[Advaita-l] Ishwara Swarupam

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:19:16 CDT 2012

On Friday, April 13, 2012, kuntimaddi sadananda wrote:

> Shree Rajaram - PraNAms
>
> I am amazed at your persistence in your views whether they are right or
> wrong.

Ha Ha. That which is changeless is true :)

> Once you say Narayana is paaramaarthika - that which is sajaati vijaati
> swagata bheda rahitam -there is no more jiiva-jagat-Iswara distinctions in
> that. That is what paaramaarthikam means. All names, all (mis)conceptions,
> all forms, and all distinctions fall apart - since it is pure sat chit
> ananda swaruupam. Even those words are not descriptors since no description
> is possible for infinite. Words are used by Vedas only to take the sadhaka
> to go beyond the words.

I agree.

> Since you are agreeing that he is formless - he is nameless too since
> names are associated with forms.

I disagree. Avyakta is formless but has a name. Ishwara / Brahman is beyond
names and forms.

All Vedic conceptions are only for Iswara who is soupaadhika - since they
> involve concepts. Then maaya becomes His shakti - naaraayanii. Vedic
> teaching follows adhyaaropa apavaada where bheda vaakyaas are there for a
> saadhaka to begin with - But all names are forms are dropped by the time he
> comes to mahaavaakyas where all divisions or differentiations are reduced
> to mithyaa.

What happens to Maya? My view is Ishwara = Maya = Brahman, the difference
in terminology being only to create philosophical constructs within
vyavahara.