[Advaita-l] An instance of Advaita wrongly comprehended

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:08:43 CDT 2012

I understand your statements but just don't agree because it is illogical. If Ishwara is anatma and abrahman, how can He be brahmavid as the consequence of knowng brahman is to be brahman only? If He is not brahmavid, He is a wrong person to learn from about brahman. Also, in your position if Ishwara is not suddha, buddha, nitya, mukta, and is also not a samsari then He has to belong to a third category of neither baddha or mukta. Or you have to say that there can be no question (because we cannot answer it).

As far as Sankara is concerned He is Brahman and is the homogenous totality. There is no question about His being liberated because He is suddha, buddha, nitya, mukta.