[Advaita-l] An instance of Advaita wrongly comprehended

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:57:54 CDT 2012

Thank you Subrahmanianji.

Yes, Panchadashi (6.130) says as follows:

तुच्छानिर्वचनीया च वास्तवी चेत्यसौ त्रिधा
ज्ञेया माया त्रिभिर्बोधैः श्रौतयौक्तिकलौकिकौः

tuchChAnirvachanIyA cha vAstavI chetyasau tridhA .

jneyA mAyA tribhirbodhaiH shrautayauktikalaukikaiH .. 130..

If you permit me I will like to have the meaning as follows:

From the point of Shruti it is tuccha (low or insignificant), from the logical view it is anirvachanIyA (indefinable) and for the ordinary people it is vAstavI (real).

Regards,
Sunil KB