[Advaita-l] Sri Shankara Jayanthi - 26th April 2012

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Apr 18 22:39:31 CDT 2012

yOn Mon, 16 Apr 2012, V Subrahmanian wrote:

> Here is an English rendering of the Kannada brochure sent to me by the
> 'Vedanta Bharati' regarding the Shankara Jayanthi coming up in the next
> week.  I am posting it here so that those interested could adapt the
> program to suit their convenience.  It gives a general idea of the method
> of observing the Jayanthi.

I'd like to make these stotras available on our web site for those of us
who are outside Karnataka.  Most of them are available already or atleast
elsewhere on the net.  Can anyone provide these? (Preferably in ITRANS
format.)

>   the 'Shankaracharya padAvalamba suvarNamAlAstuti'
>   ('OmkArapankajamadhuvrata..') composed by the Sringeri Acharya Sri
>   Sachidananda Shivabhinava NRsimhabhArati SwaminaH.

>   shankaracharya bhujangaprayAta stotram ('kRpAsAgarAyAshukAvyapradAya')
>   composed by the Sringeri Jagadguru Sri Sachidananda NrsimhabhArati
>   SwaminaH.

>   'ShankarAchAryapadAvalamba stuti'
>   ('OmityasheShavibudhAH..')composed by the Sringeri Acharya Sri
>   Chandrashekhara Bharati SwaminaH.

>   'shankarabhagavatpUjyapAdAchAryastava'
>   ('mudAkareNa pustakam...') composed by the Sringeri Jagadguru Sri Bharati
>   Tirtha SwaminaH.
>   - The Fifth Day: dakshinAmUrtyaShTakam ('vishvam darpana..'),
>   dakshinamurtistotram ('upAsakAnAm..'), the RamabhujangaprayAtastotram,
>   shankarAchArya aShTottara shatanAma and the 'toTakAShTakam'.
>   - After this a ShoDashopachAra pUja for Shankaracharya is to be
>   performed.

Also in reference to the five days, is it from Vaishaka shukla pratipada
to panchami or panchami to navami or something else?