[Advaita-l] Brahmin culture under threat

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:27:10 CDT 2012

Namaste Sri Abhishek

I heard if a Brahmin man does not know his Gotra and Veda Shakha we
can treat him like Kashyapa Gotra and Rug Veda Shakha.
He can do Sandhyavandana like Rg Vedis. Nowadays many books and online
information is available-

http://stotraratna.awardspace.com/sruthi/Manthras/m1.pdf  Achamana is
not properly given here. Give proper Achamana mantras.

Search Youtube videos also. Many videos are also available.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Abhishek Madhyastha
<abhishek046 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Namasthe,
>
> Although a bit off topic I'm asking for the advice of learned Brahmins
> here. Some of you may already know this but let me highlight it again.
> The Brahmins in Haryana are in such a situation that they don't know
> anything about culture. There is no one to teach them even the
> Sandhyavandanam! Recently, a Brahmin from Haryana contacted me on
> facebook. He says that even though many Brahmins living there are
> interested in learning Sandhyavandanam, there is no one to teach them.
> All he knows is that he belongs to the Sandilya gotra. He doesn't even
> know which veda Shakha he belongs to. He wants the Sandhyavandanam
> mantras and procedure. I being a Rig vedi am facing a dilemma whether
> its acceptable to give the same mantras that I recite, especially
> regarding the Abhiivadanam part. Could some learned list members
> advice me here?
>
> Regards,
> Abhishek Madhyastha

-Venkatesh