[Advaita-l] Mudras in the vedas

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 23 04:59:53 CDT 2012

Showing of mudrAs as a part of sandhyAvandana, though not mandatory,
is a good practice but there is no pratyavAya doSa in omitting that

praNAms
Hare Krishna

In devatArchana (during shankhArchana etc.) , in vrata-s & hOma-s ( during
kalasha prANa pratishtApana), naivedya etc. we show mudra-s and do anga
nyAsa, karanyAsa before prANa pratishtApana with beejAksharaM-s and before
 rudra pArAyaNa also we do this nyAsA-s.  So I think though omitting these
nyAsa-s & mudra-s may not attract any pratyAvAya, it is purely vaidik
method even though looks like a tAntrika cheshta/kriya. I asked the same
question some years back in shrouta forum, Sri Ganesh prasad prabhuji told
me that it is required to show the necessary mudra-s during pooja, as it
is more fruitful.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar