[Advaita-l] Vikalpa, Savikalpa, and Nirvikalpa

vinayaka ns brahmavadin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:37:46 CDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Bhaskar YR

> *akhaNDAkAra-vR^itti which is present in samAdhi .*.
>
> >  how can an akhanda have the 'AkAra' to say we have akhandAkAra vrutti??
>  I am not able to understand this term..

==========================

Namaste.

I am afraid that your are asking the same thing which is a pUrvapaksha
quoted in the gItAbhAshya:

ketchit tu panditamnyAH nirAkAratvAt Atmavastu nOpaiti buddiH, ato
dussyAdhya samyagjnAnanishTA ityAhuH...

 However, some wiseacres assert that the intellect cannot
comprehend the entity called the Self since It is
formless; hence, complete steadfastness in
Knowledge is impossible.

Am I missing something here? Please clarify.

Best Wishes,

Vinayaka