[Advaita-l] Advaita and Islam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 5 22:38:58 CST 2012

http://story-of-king-janaka.blogspot.in/

Pl. read the lengthy story there. There was no approaching the Acharya
with
samit in hands and prostrations or asking questions about Brahman.

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I dont know why you are avoiding my repeated questions and asking me to
read this story.  I am not able to read this story,  anyway,  what you are
trying to convey from this story to me??  Whether it is, for a sAdhaka
(who is ready to receive brahma jnAna) there is no need for any personal
guru or shAstra and he can get enlightenment from any mundane source?? No
need for him to hold the samit in hands & no need for any prostrations or
pariprashna process with guru??  I think you have your own interpretation
for this shruti vAkya as well :  shAstrajnOpi svAtantrYeNa
brahmajnAnAnveshaNaM 'NA KURYAAT' (emphasis is mine), ityetat 'GURUMEVA'
ityavadhAraNa phalaM.  Here you are suggesting an alternative for even
shruti vAkya which clearly insist one should approach 'guru' only
(gurumeva) and he should not do anveshaNa independently on his
own..Sometimes very strange your arguments are prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar