[Advaita-l] Ishwara

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 01:39:50 CST 2012

Friends,

I have a doubt on Ishwara. It is said that Ishwara is not like jivas subject to prakriti. Krishna says so in the Gita, that he is always free and unconditioned. So my question is, why can't Ishwara simply remove the karmas of the jivas in bondage? Why go through the elaborate and painful process of sadhana when Ishwara, being almighty, can liberate jivas instantly?

If there were no such thing as Ishwara, then I'd understand why we must do all the hard work ourselves - since unconditioned Brahman is not a performer of actions. But since Ishwara is part of prakriti, albeit its controller, he must be able to remove our bondage without us having to go through many lives of sadhana.

I hope to learn about this.

Regards,
Suresh