[Advaita-l] Accepting Possibility of Error in Sastras

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 16:43:05 CST 2012

> Conflicts arises only when one mixes the reference states within which
> each science is valid.
> Hari Om!
> Sadananda

Conflicts are inevitable, though. Even if vedantins are not interested in
science and content with shastras and sadhana, scientists are interested in
the same domain - not just origin of universe and life but also
consciousness. The nature of scientific progress will take them down right
and wrong paths. They will sometimes  contradict and other times confirm
what shastras say. They may also expand on what we know. Let us take the
question, "How do I know I will survive the death of the body?" Here
shastras may be the only pramana known today as it is hard to establish
logically.  Science may be able to provide the logical answers in future.
http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/five-reasons-you-wont-die/