[Advaita-l] Prayer and prArabdha

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:17:24 CST 2012

Namaste

Prarabdha is like Momentum in Physics. A wheel is pushed and it will
be rolling. It will not stop on its own.

BUT a Force can be applied to cancel the Momentum.

To stop Prarabdha we have to apply a Force. What is the Force?

Example 1 Markandeya's Prarabdha was saying he will die at 16 years.
But he prayed to Siva . Siva came and drove away Yama. Markandeya did
not die. The Force is Siva.

Example 2 Satyavan's Prarabdha was he will die after marriage. But his
wife Savitri rescued him.

Like this there are many examples in Puranas. It is difficult to
escape Prarabdha. But not Impossible.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in> wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
> I was listening to the Bhagavat Gita discourse by Shri Paripoornananda Saraswati
> of Sripeetam, Kakinada.  While explaining the karma yoga, swamiji said that none can escape the bhoga of prArabdha karma phala.
>
> Even if one does prarthana / mantra japa / navagraha japas etc., prarabdha karma phala has to be experienced.  There is no escape.
>
> I would like to know, how far the above statement is true.
>
> sriram

-Venkatesh