[Advaita-l] Fw: Madhusudana Saraswati

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:47:17 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Sunil Bhattacharjya <
sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1)
> Do you know Madhusudana Saraswati's father's name and the place where is
> father was from? Also do you know what was his mother tongue and which
> community he belonged to? Please quote from the reliable  references if you
> have any.

*There are only stories. Even a basic student of Madhusudana knows this. *

> 2)
> Just claiming to be ditto copy cannot save you Mr. Rajaram. Now you are
> caught redhanded. Why can't you quote  rather than claiming?

**
*I have given you t he date. You made a similar request  to quote the
original sanskrit text for Prof. Nelson's translation. I did that and then
you asked me to quote them side by side. I did and you did not find
anything wrong with the translation. You simply have not answered what work
of Prof. Nelson you are quoting from. *
**
*I ma sure you mean red-handed in the sense I have the kumkuma prasadam in
my hand :)*

> 3)
> Thye question was whether the Gidhartha_didpika and Advaita-siddhi are
> after Bhasgavad-bhakti-rasayana (BBR) of before BBR. You cannot prove
> Advaita-siddhi to be before BBR. Professor Gupta is sure that Gudhartha
> dipika succeeded Bhagavad-bhakti-rasayana but she is not know about the
> Advaita-siddhi. So leave her alone. Prof. Pandeya and Prof. Nelson opined
> that BBR preceded Advaita-siddhi. So that settles the issue for me. You can
> even forget Anand Hubliji in this context as he has not reaffirmed his
> position on this issue. Now that Adavia-siddhi succeeded BBR please do not
> waste any time time on lingering on this issue.

*You are wrong. She says that is AS is most probably before BhR. Nelson
says that AS and BBR were written about the same time. Anyway, GAD which is
later than all these works gives a clear authority to BhR. So, you have no
point to make. His knowledge of Advaita was well established long before
AS. So, your theory that "he did not understand" or "he might not have" is
baseless. *