[Advaita-l] Analysis of attributes and their locus

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:57:20 CST 2012

sri venkatesh murthy ji
namaste
can you please indicate, where in the dharma shastras, is it said that
"Gruhastha has to work for a
> couple of hours per day to maintain his family."

my question is a bit peripeheral to the overall topic in this thread,
nevertheless -

your idea (please note that i am in sympathy with it) - seems to be
that the modern (esp. corporate) work culture and lifestyle engenders
a needless workaholism, where all work targets should have been met
yesterday itself. And the traditional ideal of the grihashtha was to
have a more balanced work culture, leaving enough liesure for
contemplation and sadhana etc. I am curious - can you give the exact
reference from the dharma shashtra referring to the 2-hour-a-day,
14-hours-a-week vedic work culture.

thank you
Raghav

i am curious