[Advaita-l] Holenarsipur Swamiji's remarks and why even Avidya is not necessary for Advaita

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:55:55 CST 2012

>Mayavada is like playing in dirty water and afterwards washing feet
>with clean water. Only children and immature people will like to have
>fun playing like this. Mature people can meditate on Brahman.

Venkateshji, suppose I am a dvaitin who is debating with you on vedanta.
You tell me your position that everything is brahman. I ask you the
following question - If everything is brahman, then why I am perceiving
multiplicity in the world? I will say that the advaita philosophy that you
propound directly contradicts my experience. I will also say that I cannot
be brahman because brahman is free from all blemishes and sufferings while
I regularly suffer from misfortunes.

Without resorting to the concepts of maya/mithya/avidya, how will you
answer me?

Regards
Kalyan