[Advaita-l] Holenarsipur Swamiji's remarks and why even Avidya is not necessary for Advaita

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jan 31 05:21:39 CST 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

For Padmapada and other followers Maya=Avidya=Anirvachaniya=Mithya.

>  May be, but that is not the subject matter of this thread. FYI, this
thread is all about your query/doubt/conclusions on the requirement of
mAya and avidyA in shankara's advaita vedAnta.  am I right??

You think Sri SSS will agree to this?

>  not relevant to this thread.

He will not agree Mayavada=Anircahaniya Vada = Mithya Vada. He will not
agree to Bhava
Rupa Avidya.

>  I dont think, by holding Sri SSS's views on these issues, you can float
your pet theory !!

Padmapada and Vachaspati sowed the seed Maya Beeja called as Mula
Avidya in Sankara Advaita and watered it with the Mayavada theory.

>  No, you are wrong, mUlAvidyA has a different definitions in their
works. You are misquoting even vyAkhyAnakAra-s also :-))

It became a Big Tree and very hard to climb for all people. People are
looking at the Big Tree and saying Advaita is only Mayavada. They are
not seeing the Root of the Big Tree is in Brahman.

>  I dont know who are these 'people' but I am sure the followers of
advaita vedAnta have hardly any problem in accepting the role of mAya in
advaita or brahmavAda.

Is Sri SSS using the Anirvachaniya Vada in his arguments? Is he calling
Jagat as Sadasadvilaksana in his arguments? If not he is not using
Mayavada. He is saying indirectly Mayavada is not necessary.

>  I quoted shankara's own words with regard to anirvachaneeya...Please
share your thoughts on it before asking for Sri SSS's stand on this.

I have given his views from the book as it is without changes.

>  you are quoting his words out of context which results in
misrepresenting his views on mAya & avidyA.

 I don't have a theory of Mayavada. As a matter of fact I am arguing we
don't need Mayavada.

>  you are arguing without any base. So, it is only your perception.

We have to take out the Maya Beeja Mula Avidya and become pure
Brahmavadis. The Upanishad is showing respect to Brahmavadis only. It is
saying Brahmavadino Vadanti.

>  brahmavAdins, their 'vadanti', upanishads, etc. etc. are all in this
mAyA prapancha only :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar