[Advaita-l] Is the idea of 'anAditva' logical?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 3 07:13:22 CDT 2012

According to Manu Smriti 1.66, a human month is a day and a night of the
Pitrs (Fathers, ancestors) where the division is according to fortnights.
The dark (fortnight) is their day for active exertion, the bright
(fortnight) their night for sleep.

As an aside, that is why we see that people whose fathers have departed
offer tarpaNa to the Pitrs on amAvAsyA day when it is day time (lunch
time)
for them.

praNAms Sri Anand Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I dont know why, after reading somany times about 'hagalu' (day) and
'rAtri' (night) of mAnava, pitru, deva, brahma & their kAlAvadhi etc. my
mind started recalling geeta verse : yA nishA sarvabhutAnAM tasyAM jAgarti
saMyami, yasyAM jAgrati bhUtAni sA nishA pashyatO muneH...Is there any
symbolical (esoteric) philosophical meaning to these siddhanta-s
prabhuji??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar