[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Jul 3 13:29:04 CDT 2012

Namaste,

//

I am talking about the nail cutters, pot, ornaments, wheel etc. that we can find in even brahma vidyA pradhAna shruti texts.  And brAhmaNa portions which talk comprehensively on the vidhi-nishedha and vidhAna of shrauta karma-s

//

The cardinal principle behind the apaurshEyatva is sabdanityatva vAda.  So, even if there is *anitya prasanga* in mantra bhAga, going by the sUtra pramANa *uktaM tu sabdapUrvatvaM*, this aprastuta sabda prayOga is nitya which existed even before it's
manifestation.  And hence, considered as *apaurshEya*.

Whatever names are mentioned in veda, going by the sUtra pramANa *AkhyA pravachanAt*, they are apaurshEya only.

Even the mention of vidhi & nishEdha in mantra bhAga that point towards karma kANDa
is also apaurshEya based on the sUtra *chOdanalakSanArthO dharmaH*.

So, vEda in it's entirety is apaurshEya only based on sabdanityatva vAda.

regs,
sriram