[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:20:13 CDT 2012

There are many examples of prophecies in vaidhika matham (e.g. Krishna's
appearance). BTW, your theory of evolution of dharma leads to many
inconsistencies. Before Gayatri mantra is revealed, people didn't chant
that during sandhyavandanam? Even if you say so, before "ma himsyat sarva
bhutani" or "satyam vada" was revealed, did no one incur the sin due to
violence or lie? How do we know that someone will not give a new vidhi in
the future? Without being revealed full knowledge, how did sanatkumaras
follow nivrtti marga? If it is not through incorrect inference, how do we
know rishis lived at a point in time and the Vedas were non-existent before
he first rishi appeared? Brahma, by your logic, must have been quite
ignorant to start with.

Vedas are eternal and passed though oral tradition cycle after cycle. In
that we say yajnavalkya marries twice, teaches atma vidya, renounces etc.
In every cycle, someone lives that script and a place is called so. This
question is specifically dealt with by Jaimini in the first chapter.