[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 4 04:51:15 CDT 2012

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

For, if we say portions of the Veda became known to mankind in
installments
or at various periods of time, the anupapatti of all karma-s/vidhis
nishedhas remaining unknown to man till they became known in driblets
would
arise.  This 'unfairness' was one of the things the Acharya highlighted in
the first quoted reply.

>  For that matter, whether veda-s revealed in piece-meal manner or all
veda-s dumped at once, hardly matters considering the unawareness of
veda-s & its validity among Hindu-s even today!!  So, the process,
revealing or un-revealing portion of the veda-s is not responsible for the
accruing pApa or puNya.  Ignorance of fire power does not stop anyone from
burning his finger..Vedic injunctions and prohibitions and resultant
phala-s also would be like that only.

What exactly did the Rshis do?  What was their role?  My guess is that
their role was in propagating the Veda, mainly for adhyayanam purposes.

>  We can not say this strictly, coz. veda-s as a whole is a store house
of every minute details of even social life,system and practice, that
includes hitting the wife if she does not agree with the husband's demands
:-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar