[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

S L Shivashankar slshivashankar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 04:35:22 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Subramanian,

Thank you for your input! That´s interesting, and I didn´t know this about
the name "Ramanuja dasan". But the fact remains that my friend was never
critizised or anything by Sri Rangapriya Swami for having undergone
upanayanam. And it is common among Srivaishnavas acharyas to give a mantra
starting with "am" instead of pranava in cases where the initiate is a
non-dvija. Sri Rangapriya gave my friend a mantra starting with pranava.

Warmest regards
Shivashankar